WHOLESALE VEHICLE AUCTION INSPECTION SHEETS
When a vehicle is entered into one of Japan's Wholesale Vehicle Auctions the auction house creates an inspection sheet for the vehicle.
Sometimes the auction house will enter all of the information and in other cases the seller will enter basic vehicle information and describe any special features of the vehicle and the auction house inspector will complete the remainder of the sheet.
This guide explains Vehicle Grades, Terms and Abbreviations, the Comments section and how to get Personal Inspections at Wholesale Vehicle Auctions.
Click on the images below to learn more about VEHICLE AUCTION INSPECTIONS:
The sheets vary a bit between the different auction houses but typically include:
- Listing Lot number
- Vehicle make, model and model grade
- Overall vehicle condition grade, interior condition grade
- Vehicle inclusions, power windows, power steering, airbag, leather seats, TV, navigation etc.
- Engine displacement and fuel type (gasoline, diesel etc)
- Transmission type (automatic, manual)
- Vehicle registration information
- Year and month of first registration. (sometimes only the year but not the month)
- Right Hand Drive or Left Hand Drive
- Special features ("Sales Points")
- Location and type of body defects (e.g. scratch, dent, rust) and damage.